Hurren & Hope are working with a company that provide the purchasing, crop marketing and administrative function for over 1400 farming businesses across the UK. They act as an extension to a farmer’s farm office, with industry professionals purchasing and marketing their core agricultural inputs and outputs on their behalf.
They are looking for a Crops Administrator with the specific responsibility for the procurement of fertiliser, seed and crop protection at the best possible price, offering the highest levels of service to the membership, providing administrative support to the crop purchasing team.
- 5% non-contributory pension
- 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Death in Service Benefit
- Member Benefits
- Aviva Private Healthcare
- BASIS training
The role will include:
- Assisting with Member enquiries.
- Assisting with developing robust and competitive relationships with key crop purchasing suppliers and have a proactive approach when looking at new products and services.
- Updating pricelists and provide support where applicable.
- Complying with FIAS standards, company procedures and fertiliser risk assessment; ensure any breaches in security are reported to the CCM.
- Liaising with work colleagues as required.
- Raising the profile of the group by attending functions outside of normal working hours.
- A good standard of general education.
- A passion for agriculture!
- Administration experience helpful but not essential.
If you would like more information on this role, please contact Jake or Lizzie.
Jake@hurrenandhope.com / 01473 599 009