Trainee Grain Trader
Hurren & Hope are working with a global agri-business with a clear vision, strong values and a positive culture. Their global portfolio includes assets across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. They trade with over 50 nations, while providing farmers unique direct access to the growing Chinese market.
Our client looking for Trainee Grain Traders who want to start their career as a trader in the agricultural sector. As a trader you will need to be confident and strong minded to be successful, but the rewards are great. If you think this sounds like you or someone you know, apply!
- To purchase grain, pulses, and oilseeds from farms within the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
- To sell seed fertiliser and other crop products within the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- In conjunction with the Farm Procurement Manager, identify prospective customers, promote the benefit of trading with the Company, and open new accounts.
- To ensure that accounts are paid within terms agreed, and customer credit is controlled in accordance with the Company’s Credit Policy.
- To undertake on farm grain sampling and assist with the overall organisation of this.
- To assist the Team by handling queries, data entry including contracts and information to support the CRM system.
- To be responsible for effectively communicating claims/allowances/rejections to farmer suppliers.
- To ensure that the administration of business transacted is maintained to a high standard.
- To ensure the maintenance of an effective working knowledge of all crops/commodities traded, and of seed/fertiliser and other crop products sold.
- To report back to the Farm Procurement Manager any marketing opportunities and competitor activity.
- To operate in accordance with the Company’s Quality and Compliance Systems, and with TASCC/FIAS Codes of Practice, ensuring that all documentation complies with these schemes.
- To undertake any duties as may reasonably be required.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness.
- Ability to build and develop business relationships.
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy.
- The ability to communicate with impact at every level.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Good attention to detail.
- Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ideally experience of working in an arable farm sales environment.
- Understanding of arable agriculture.
- Very self-motivated and tenacious.
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities.
- An effective team player.
If you would like more information please contact Jake on 01473 599009 or email@example.com