Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer // Lancaster Hybrid (1 day per week) // Up to £80K DOE
We are working with an innovative tech client in the text-analysis space going through rapid expansion. They’re at the stage in their journey where they are adding a DevOps function to the organisation and are looking for their first hire at lead-level.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, it will be your responsibility to build and deploy the DevOps architecture from scratch, as well as building and managing your own DevOps team.
- Design, build, and maintain organisation infrastructure and CI/CD pipeline
- Implement system monitoring and reporting for potential technical issues
- Liaise with internal colleagues to ensure smooth running of software processes
- Build your team from the ground up, and manage and mentor your team as well as other colleagues within the business
- Create and make improvements to existing software release practices
- Experience in a DevOps role at lead-level with advanced knowledge of DevOps processes and best practices
- Experience in cloud platforms (AWS ideally)
- Managing databases (MySQL, Mongo)
- Experience using IaC (Terraform, CloudFormation etc)
- Experience building and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite
- Proficient in Python (ideal)
- A desire to build and manage your own team
- Ambition for professional development
- Excellent communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark on a growing organisation doing outstanding work within the tech industry.
If this sounds like you, apply within or get in touch with Raven via 01473 599009 / firstname.lastname@example.org